Monday, April 20, 2015

Final Reflection

April 10th, 2015:

My final days of DP are coming to a close as I complete high school and with that, my entire CAS experience. These past two years, the CAS program has impacted my life in terms of being involved in a variety of activities and allowed me to take on new roles and challenges that I never had done in my life before. 

Creativity
Over the past two years, my creativity aspects were always concerned with the arts. Whether it was drawing club, printmaking, or being involved in a theatre production, my creativity was derived from the arts. This was because the arts allowed me to express my creative ideas in my own way. For example, my sketches in drawing club were evidence of how I expressed my ideas and visuals that came to mind. Printmaking took my creativity a step further and allowed me to print and create images through new and abstract methods. Lighting for the Gala concert was also another major creative component I was a part of as I was able to choose which lights I wanted to place on stage.

        Action          
The sports I've tried out over my DP years were basketball, football, and volleyball. Trying out these different activities have given me an awareness to these sports and helped learn and develop various skills that I haven't known before. These skills were especially undertaken when trying out for SAISA teams as the training was taken at a more serious level and required more requirement. For example, I first played basketball during the 'Fun Basketball' activity but then continued pursuing it in SAISA where I learned about new skills I haven't known about basketball before.    
 
              Service                  
A sign of my commitment and perseverance to activities is definitely shown through my participation in service as I have been a part of the 'Hope for Kids' activity for both DP school years. My experience in this service has given me a global awareness of the disease of cancer and how it affects the lives of children. Our group was able to do this by interviewing the patients at the hospital we visit as well as their parents to find out about their background and families. Visiting the hospital at least once a month to entertain these children with numerous activities such as playing instruments, crafting decorations, boardgames etc., all helped develop my collaboration with others as well as learning new skills. 

Overall, the CAS program has really opened me to challenging myself by trying out activities I didn't know about and taught me about and developing skills will be useful for me as a person and will benefit me in the years to come.   
            

No comments:

Post a Comment