Friday, September 5, 2014

Start of DP2 Semester 1

August 27th, 2014:

Creativity: My creativity activity for this semester will be Drawing Club, which is an activity I was in the previous year in DP1. I continued this activity because I really enjoyed it in grade 11, since I felt drawing was a great way to let a person's creative ideas be shown. Drawing club also gives me the chance to work independently as each session I have a blank piece of paper, and I have the freedom to just draw or sketch any visual that comes to mind. This freedom makes me feel comfortable and lets express my creativity in the best way.

Action: SAISA's season 1 starts out with volleyball, which is the action activity I am in. This is actually the second time I'm trying out for the volleyball team as I also tried out last year but didn't make it into the final team. Trying out a second time gives me more experience going into the first couple of sessions as I would know what to expect. Entering into the final volleyball team has also felt less competitive for me as I am now a high school senior and in the oldest age group. So I do hope to make it into the final team this year as there is a more likely chance for me. 

Service: I am continuing with the 'Hope for Kids' activity once again as my service component this semester. I decided to return to this service because I felt I did contribute a great part last year in playing instruments and entertaining the kids at the cancer hospital. This service is also a feel-good activity as making the children happy, made me feel like a better person.     

No comments:

Post a Comment