Monday, February 16, 2015

Print Making, Basketball, and Hope for Kids

February 16th, 2015:

My first piece I have decided to focus on print making was on the character, Levi, in the anime 'Attack on Titan'. I am currently still in the initial step of the printmaking process, the tracing, as it is the most important and difficult step in my opinion. This is because I had the challenge of tracing the lines in the image. Some of my peers in the activity were able to complete the entire print making process in just one session because they were tracing more simpler designs with less lines. I probably should have started with a more simple design as well since it would help progress my learning to start with the basics of printmaking and later on move on to more advanced designs. 

Throughout the fours session of training I've had in basketball training so far, I have acquired new techniques to develop my skills in dribbling, shooting, and layups. Unlike the 'Fun Basketball' activity, SAISA Basketball sessions have helped me train and develop my basketball skills that needed improvement. I've also learnt unique teamwork manoeuvres and guarding positions that helped improve and give a better understanding on playing in both defence and offence. 

My Hope for Kids group has recently been selling wristbands as a way of raising money for the service. A new activity we have planned for our next visit to the hospital is doing a sock puppet show. We would first make the puppets out of socks and other materials and present a mini show for the children at the hospital. We might even teach the children how to make their own sock puppets afterwards.   


No comments:

Post a Comment