Tuesday, January 20, 2015

DP2 Semester 2 Begins

January 20th, 2015:

As the new semester rolls in, I will be taking part in new activities for CAS:

Creativity: I will be a part of print making arts this semester for creativity. The activity will be supervised by Mr. McTavish, similar to drawing club, except printmaking is a different art style. Printmaking involves tracing over an image with clear tracing paper and placing ink through the traces. The tracing with the ink will then be placed in the print maker where it will be pressured against a piece of paper to print the image. The image can be printed as much times as wanted, which is one of the beauties of this abstract art style. I am really looking forward to learning this art style, since its a new practice to me and a more advanced technique than simply sketching images as I did in drawing club.

Action: I will trying for the SAISA Basketball team for action, since it is my most played sport and one I've had previous experiences in. I've already been a part of the fun basketball activity last semester so I do feel prepared entering SAISA training this semester. I'm looking forward to practicing more of the various aspects of basketball (dribbling, passing, shooting), as I wasn't able to gain much practice from Fun Basketball where our group would only play half court games. So overall, I expect to learn and come and my SAISA training with more knowledge and outcomes on basketball.

Service: I will still be a part of Hope for Kids for service as I have been for a year and a half now. I hope to plan activities for the kids in the caner hospital in which they could learn how to understand more words in English. One of the activities our group planned is to read short English stories to the children as well as continue to play songs in English and Sinhala for them.      

No comments:

Post a Comment