Wednesday, October 23, 2013

After School Football

October 23rd, 2013

Today I took part in my first after-school football session where I was able to benefit with both creativity and action aspects. Action was a part of this activity when it came to physical aspects of running and dribbling with the ball across the field. All of the past physical activities I did this year so far such as volleyball and cricket, are both mostly focused on working on the arm skills. So starting football did give me the chance to focus on my legs as well. In terms of creativity, the teacher running the activity was Mr. Mueller, and he was able to give me some leadership tasks in this activity since all of the other students participating were at least two years younger than me. These tasks include teaching some of the younger kids with helpful tips and comments, placing equipment such as the goals and cones on the field, and also partnering up with some of the kids for warm-up exercises. Having a leadership role in this activity, was more helpful than being a leader in the cricket after-school activity as I did have more knowledge about football.        

A short clip on warm-up exercise:

No comments:

Post a Comment