Monday, October 7, 2013

First Week of Service Activity

October 7th, 2013

Last thursday I was finally able to be a a part of my first Hope for Kids service session, where we planned for a trip to the cancer exhibition which would happen on friday; the day after. Thursday was just discussing and preparing for the events that would take place during the exhibition, an example would be having practice singing for the songs we would sing the next day. Friday was the important day as it was my service group's visit to the cancer exhibition. I enjoyed helping out the children with singing songs and I even had to play the drums for a musical piece, which went quite well. We gave out presents and goodies in the end of the exhibition and that did put smiles on the kids' faces. My service group and I ended up staying there for about 2 hours and it was a helpful feel-good experience.


The Kids

Singing the Songs

Musical Piece

Giving out Presents


No comments:

Post a Comment